Thursday, April 21, 2011

ADVENTURE IN VANCOUVER

Last night i was talking to my friend Natalia, we were suppose to hang out yesturday (wendsday) but didnt really plan it and didnt call each other so we though why not hang out tomorrow (today thursday) she suggested we meet at the sky train station down in surrey. Im not good at all at taking buses i don't know were im suppose to go, or were to get off , nothing. i guess all the times i took the bus at home with my mom didn't really do it for me. so i asked quit of bitt of times the exact location and so we came up with if we didnt see each other at the bus then we would meet at the front entrance of the mall right across, and then we would decide were to go. I took the bus that stops in front of my house took it to the central sky station, natalia and i never bumped on the bus so then i walked across the mall to the front entrance like we had discussed, i waited...... and waited..... and waited..... and nothing i was staring to worry i though maybe i got off in the wrong bus stop? I just couldn't figure out what had gone wrong. at 11:25 i decided it was time to walk back across to the sky train station to see if i would see her, but i didnt :( i called russell from a pay phone and asked if natalia had called, he said "yes along time ago she called to say she was on her way to the bus stop" i then asked what time was this? " well a while ago like maybe 10 after 10am" umm weird cus i dont see her anywhere i will call her then i said and i did but was not able to get a hold of her, AND the pay phone eat my last change grr then i went to this convenience store and the asian lady would not change me my toonnie for change unless i bought something and the cheapest piece of choc they had there was like $1.27 and thats not cheap not in my books at least. so i was like no way and i left back to the mall to see if i had better luck there in finding somewhere to get change and a pay phone to call from. But of course with my luck i couldn't find a phone let alone somewhere to get some change :( i was getting frustrated let me tell you. Plus it was some what chili out, well not really but i felt chili :) so i decided that asian lady would win and i would have to end up buying that chocolate for $1.27 to get some change. and so i called russell again and this time i had him call her from the house phone while i was on the cell with him. I was NOT taking any chances. Apparently she had been on the other side of the mall all this time :) hahahah so i say tell her to meet me at winners.Plans have been made for us to meet at winners and so here i go back to the mall .. By the way i havent mention that on one of the crosswalks there were this constructions workers that had seen me pass all this time they were prob thinking i was crazy or something passing by a gazillion of times hahaah . I get to the mall and i finally finally see the light.. well Natalia was i ever glad to see her :) it was funny after we finally found each other. apparently there is another train station after the one i had gotten down at, and so thats the one i had to get off . In less words i got off a short stop before, but i dint know she forgot to tell me that. So we started our day. we fed samuel, well his mommy did :) and headed for the sky train station off to Metro town. we arrived we had some yummy McDonalds for lunch chatted for a bitt, and off to walk we went. I was finally able to go in the new Disney store its Amazing any kid could go crazy in there. Bitt pricy but its so magical. On our way back we encountered with another small problem, the surrey central sky station was closed, which was the station we were supposed to get off of, i guess some trains had run out of power and were blocking the way. We had to get off like 4 stops before it was so crazy and packed, finally we arrived and luckily i have an AMAZING husband who came to pick me up there, instead of letting me take two buses to get home. I had a good time, i know how to take that bus, and the sky train and get to the mall, not just any mall this mall is pretty big :) well worth all this trouble, even though i DID NOT purchase anything other than my lunch and a $9 BUZZ light year zippy cup for the little man, I'm sure glad to be home and laying down in my bed, my legs are soo tired and sore from all the walking, def looking forward to this summer to many more adventures. Thank you natalia for the company i truly enjoyed this day with you and baby samuel. which by the way we need to give some credit. He did not cry at all except for a wii bitt on the way back. he has to be the calmest baby i have met till now, natalia you are a very blessed mother.







going on this bridge was abitt scary but lots of fun




how could you be board here??? this is only two floors of the four floor mall

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an adventure, Virginia! I'm glad you found each other and had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I can totally see me doing the same thing. I can't believe you had to buy something to get change...brutal. BC has a great subway...I used it a lot during my past vacations out there...Once you get use to it...you will find that taking the subway is quicker then driving in a car...Glad to hear you are making friends and doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mall experience is not the same without you. Sigh**

    ReplyDelete