Wednesday, April 27, 2011

THE BALL OF TERROR

Is what we call our doggy sometimes when she is naughty hahhaa .. We have a 3 year old bernese female name Roxy. We've had her since she was a puppy. She was my xmas present in 07. I had always been afraid of dogs, i never grew up around any, and anytime i would see some one walking with a dog i literally would cross sidewalks or hide behind some one. i know pathetic, but hey what can i say i was sheltered lol or so russ says, lol neways so having a dog was a big thing for me. I always wanted a dog though despite how terrified i was of them, and my mom would always say "virginia why do u want a dog if ur scared of them? " and i'd say well my dog is going to be friendly and he wont bite me because he will be my dog. in my mind i always though all dogs bite but not mine. :) I ended up getting a dog my first year in college i was so exited she was a cute little fluffy she was a maltese small and fluffy and white. And i named her Tinkerbell :) but soon after i got her my mom though it be better for me to take her back , since i had just started with college and wotk and my life was becoming very busy and i wouldnt have time to give to her or potty train her. So a week later i took her back.But when we got roxy i was thrilled and exited. We bough her from a breeder in montreal who had just had some babies. Berneses arent very common you dont see alot of them. But they are very cute.I have to point out that i never wanted a big dog, and as many of you who have met my ball of terror she is a monster, actually a bitt small for a dog her breed but still big enough, but one time we went to ottawa to visit jen carolyns mom and this HUGE dog came out of no were i seriously though it was a bear, russell here forgot to tell me they had a dog and that this dog was gigantourmos. (they have a golden retriever mixed with a great pyrenees.) After i spent some time and i realized this dog wasent going to eat me alive i soon fell in love with him and the size of it. it was like a huge cuddly bear, since then i said i wanted a big dog. I am so happy to have roxy with us, she is a true spark and brings soo much happiness to our lives. i must admit she is daddy's litle girl. She loves russell soo much that im positive she would die for him or kill either way she adores him, and he loves her right back. she is still in that puppy stage i guess they get out of this stage slowly. She loves to go for walks, she loves treats, food, her most favorite is human food of course, AND she loves your unconditional attention.so much that when we are watching tv, she will come lay besides us and cry until we pet her. when we have visits over she seems to think they come visit her and only her. The dog park is her favorite even though she is much more interested in the ppl there and not so much in playing with other dogs. she hates the rain, even getting her paws wet :) which is fair and prob gets that from me, i hate to get wet and hate getting my hair messed with the rain. i mean who blames a girl for that right??? she is def a princess. But like the title of the post says she is a ball of terror. yesturday we came to our house and found all our trash from our trashcan in the kitchen on the hardwood floors, little miss princess here decided to go trash digging, who ever saw her doing this would think we starve her to death. she keeps close near landon when we eat as she has learn he likes to drop food on the floor the most and sometimes even decides to share it with his sister:) she loves to bark when people come over, and she loves to run out the house when she has the chance, ( she has ran out on us a cople times back in london ) Never the less we love her and i feel so much protected and less lonely when russ leaves on loong trips, cus i know my litle girl is guarding us all :) we love you roxy vaughan...








this is what happens when she goes into the trash lol
one of my fav pics of them two she is so gentle with landon, too bad i cant say the same about landon towards her lol
sniffing what we brought home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment